Awkward things we all do in the office
It doesn’t matter how much of a stern professional you think you are, when working in an office full of people, you’re bound to encounter at least one awkward moment.
Yes, it feels horrible and you’ll get a little embarrassed but this kind of awkwardness is unavoidable.
How many of these have you checked off?
• Hitting “Reply All” to an email ad letting the entire office know your cringey email password.
• Chatting about somebody in the office only to have them walk in at the juicy bit.
• Saying goodbye at the end of the day and awkwardly having to walk to your transport with the same person.
• Staring off into space, only to realise you've been staring at your co-worker for a few minutes.
• Having arguments with colleagues outside of the office and having to work with them the next day.
• Not being able to understand somebody after the third repetition, and being too scared/polite to ask again.
• Touching feet with the person on the desk opposite you. Three times a day.
• Eating the stinkiest lunch known to man, while pretending you can’t smell anything.
• Awkward tea situation – someone makes you a hot drink and you feel obliged to make one back even though you don’t want to. It’s a vicious circle.
• When you start a conversation with someone and they have their headphones in.
• Small talk with your boss.
• Stealing someone’s milk and they walk in and catch you.
• Or, the milk stealer getting all high and mighty about the lack of milk.
• Walking out of the toilet the same time as someone else – it always looks suspicious.
• Putting an important call on hold with the intention of transferring it… and then cutting it off.
• “Signing in” to a conference call. Or as it’s usually called, talking over each other.
• Spilling a drink into your keyboard.