Study Economics at the University of Rome Tor Vergata
The School of Economics - University of Rome Tor Vergata, established in 1987, is committed to excellence in research and teaching, as evidenced by research awards received and worldwide recognition for its high standards. More than 7,000 Italian and international students are enrolled in several programmes, taught in Italian and in English. An international environment, high teaching standards, applied courses and placement support determine our winning formula. The restricted access to our courses guarantees a direct interaction between professors and students.
The School of Economics is divided into two departments: Economics and Finance and Management and Law. The first is among the 180 (out of 800) state university departments that have been awarded an excellence grant over the next five years from the Ministry of Education and Research for high-quality research.
The School of Economics offers two Bachelor degrees and four Master of Science programmes, entirely taught in English. All courses offer the possibility to be selected for at least one Dual Degree Programme:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Economics (Dual Degree with UACS in Macedonia and HSE in St. Petersburg): an Undergraduate Degree course, useful to deal with the complexity of a global economy. The programme presents a multidisciplinary approach, tackling concepts and models from Management, Economics, Finance and Quantitative Methods.
- Bachelor of Arts in Global Governance (Dual Degree with HSE in St. Petersburg): a highly interdisciplinary Liberal Arts and Sciences Bachelor programme, this three-year degree enables students from all over the world to learn how to master emerging global challenges.
- MSc in Business Administration (Dual Degree with Beijing Capital University of Economics and Business): a two-year programme taught entirely in English, internationally open, practice-oriented and job-market driven. It provides a solid management background and allows students to choose from different areas of specialization.
- MSc in Economics (Dual Degree with the University of Gothenburg and University of Konstanz): a two-year programme of advanced quantitative methods for economics, which is designed for students who wish to acquire the tools and knowledge to undertake advanced economic research.
- MSc in European Economy and Business Law (Dual Degree with SOAS University of London): a two-year interdisciplinary programme combining Economics with Political Science, Management, Law and Statistics.
- MSc in Finance & Banking (Dual Degree with the University of Gothenburg and Kozminski University): This two-year programme of quantitative methods for finance is designed for highly talented students who wish to study mathematical and statistical techniques applied to financial markets.
All information regarding foreign qualifications, admission requirements, deadlines and tuition fees are available on the individual course websites.
FACTS ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF ROME TOR VERGATA
The University of Rome Tor Vergata was founded in 1982. It is ranked among the world’s Top 100 less-than-50-year old Universities by both QS and Times Higher Education. The six Schools (Economics, Engineering, Humanities and Philosophy, Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences) are located in a vast 600-hectare campus.
TOR VERGATA SERVICES
- Financial Support: The University of Rome Tor Vergata provides its students with over 22 different kinds of annual scholarships, grants and awards for financial support.
- Campus X Roma: Inside the University campus area, Campus X offers 1,500 beds, 15,000 square metres of green areas and additional services;
- Laziodisco (Italian Regional Body) provides students with scholarships and accommodations based on eligibility criteria;
- Fondazione Rui accommodation awarded to deserving students.
- Bus shuttles: Two free shuttle buses are available for students from Tor Vergata train station and from Anagnina Metro station to the University buildings.
- Sports: Sports facilities consist of two 5-a-side soccer fields, a tennis court, a basketball court and a volleyball court. The University Sports Centre (CUS), located in Building A at the School of Economics, was recently established.
- Botanic Garden: Created in 2005, on university grounds and covering a surface of approximately 82 hectares, it is the largest university Botanic Garden in Europe.
- Services for students with disabilities or Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD): the CARIS Commission provides services to encourage full and active participation in the academic life of students with disabilities, specific learning difficulties or temporary difficulties.
- “Archeologia per Roma” Museum: The first didactic and interactive museum of Archeology in Rome.
FIGURES FROM THE SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS
- More than 7,000 students
- More than 700 international students
- 90 Professors and Visiting Professors
- 49 Researchers and two Research Centers
- More than 250 internships per year
- 82% placement within one year of graduation
- More than 140 partner Universities worldwide
- Nine Dual Degree programmes