Master your future at the University of Würzburg
Why should you study at the University of Würzburg?
Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg in Bavaria is one of the leading institutions of higher education in Germany. The University of Würzburg ranks among the top 200 universities in most international rankings such as the ARWU/Shanghai Ranking, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (THE), Leiden, National Taiwan University (NTU) and the Nature Index.
• We are the oldest university in Bavaria and one of the oldest in Europe
• Quality research and excellent teaching are our top priorities
• 14 Nobel Prize Laureates have conducted research and taught at the University of Würzburg
• We offer a broad and innovative range of over 255 subjects
• 28,000 students study at the University of Würzburg
Don’t speak German? Complete your master’s degree in one of our programs offered in English!
• Cell and Infection Biology
• Molecular and Computational Biology
• Protein Chemistry
• Systems Biology and Metabolomics
Students conduct research in a laboratory. Photo: Daniel Peter / JMUW
Mathematics and Aerospace Engineering
Medicine and Psychology
Economics and Business
Students enjoy the green Würzburg campus. Photo: Daniel Peter / JMUW
Study on the Sunny Side of Bavaria in Würzburg
The idyllic city of Würzburg, located along the Main River and surrounded by vineyards, charms its 130,000 inhabitants—34,000 of those being students—with a mild and sunny climate. Parents appreciate that the city has one of the lowest crime rates in Germany. Bavaria is Germany’s economically strongest state and home to many international companies.
• Young and international flair
• Excellent connections to Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin’s international airports
• Very reasonable cost of living
We look forward to welcoming you at the University of Würzburg!
The River Main is a popular meeting place in Würzburg. Photo: Daniel Peter / JMUW
International Students Office
Campus Hubland Nord, Josef-Martin-Weg 54/2
Tel: +49 931 31-84053