Become a doctor at Medical University of Warsaw
Always dreamed of becoming a doctor? Make your dream come true at Medical University of Warsaw!
The Medical University of Warsaw (WUM) is a top-ranking medical university in Poland. It boasts a history of delivering academic excellence for over 200 years. Today, WUM is a modern academic institution and dynamic research centre that specialises in clinical studies and theoretical medicine. WUM offers 15 programs in Polish and 3 programs in English. These include a 6-year Medical Program, 5-year Dental Program, and 5,5-year Pharmacy Program. Our teachers are outstanding medical professionals who provide quality healthcare to patients, conduct breakthrough scientific research and convey their knowledge to students with passion. With a degree from Medical University of Warsaw, you will be well equipped with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary to pursue a career in medicine almost anywhere in the world.
Gain practical medical training
• 6 University clinical teaching hospitals
• 170 hospital departments and units
• A state-of-the-art Medical Simulation Centre
• Modern facilities, equipment and teaching methods
Medical University of Warsaw has six clinical teaching hospitals and is affiliated with many more hospitals in and around the city of Warsaw which brings the University to a total of 170 hospital departments and units where medical training, patient treatment and scientific research are conducted. Our hospitals also play an important role in providing expertise into the Polish healthcare system.
Students also train in our state-of-the-art Medical Simulation Centre which consists of three high-fidelity simulation units and four low-fidelity rooms. Real-life scenarios are reproduced in a high-fidelity delivery room, operating room or ambulatory care unit. Students practice drawing blood, giving intravenous injections, catheterisation or wound care, to name just a few, in the low-fidelity units. In 2022, Medical University of Warsaw will have the largest Medical Simulation Centre facility in Poland.
Nurture your passions and develop your interests
You don’t have to give up your musical talents or sports interests while studying medicine at Medical University of Warsaw. Join our choir, orchestra or play in one of our sports teams. WUM students have won inter-varsity championships in swimming, handball and volleyball.
Broaden your knowledge and find your passion by engaging yourself in research, student councils or volunteer work. Choose amongst 160 student scientific clubs, participate in conferences, get involved in a student association or plan a mission to Kenya or Nepal to help those in need.
• Diverse international student body from more than 50 countries
• Over 100 destinations for an international study experience
• More than 160 student scientific clubs
• WIMC—Annual Warsaw International Medical Congress for Young Scientists
• The newest sports facilities and Olympic-size pool in Warsaw
• Student choir, orchestra and sports clubs
Why choose Medical University of Warsaw?
• Top ranking Polish medical university
• Programs taught in English meet EU (ECTS), US and Polish teaching standards
• Medical degree (MD) recognised in the EU, US, Canada and most other countries
• International Accreditations:
- US Department of Education
- The Medical Board of California
- Malaysian Medical Council
- The Medical Council of Thailand
• Located in one of the safest capitals in Europe
• Comfortable student dorms nearby
• Can apply straight after high school
• Have a high school-leaving examination certificate or secondary education diploma or equivalent which entitles you to be considered for admission to a university program in the country it was obtained
• Have passing grades in biology, chemistry and physics or maths on your high school-leaving examination certificate or secondary education diploma or equivalent
• Complete online registration application
• Take our competency test or submit your BMAT, MCAT, GAMSAT or UKCAT results
• Show proof of proficiency in the English language
'Dream it, believe it, achieve it.'
(Prof. Mirosław Wielgoś, Rector, 2017)