A research environment that boosts your scientific career!
The Dresden International PhD Programme is looking for outstanding, highly motivated, ambitious and creative graduates who can think outside the box and like research challenges at the frontiers of science.
Our PhD program offers the possibility to work in an international environment with world-class interdisciplinary projects, state-of-the-art institutes and a unique infrastructure. Our curriculum helps future scientists to develop scientifically and personally by going beyond traditional scientific training.
Great opportunities and infrastructure for your PhD
Who are we?
Two powerful partners dedicated to first-class research and doctoral training are combined in the DIPP:
Our PhD students and faculty are highly international and diverse. They represent over 60 nationalities and different educational scientific backgrounds. The DIPP hosts about 200 active PhD students at any time. About 50 new PhD students are admitted each year in spring and fall. The maximum duration of the thesis is 4 years.
We foster critical thinking, creativity and early independence. Our mission is promoting excellence in science by inspiring our talented PhD students to become future experts and innovative research leaders.
Our working language is English.
Sharing expertise and enjoying synergies. Be a part of our community.
What do we offer?
•Fully financed PhD positions for up to 4 years in multidisciplinary and interconnected tracks:
1. Cell and Developmental Biology (CellDevo)
2. Computational Biology (CompBio)
3. Biophysics and Bioengineering (BioPhysEng)
4. Regenerative Medicine (RegMed)
•Ambitious projects in a broad spectrum of scientific fields:
1. From cell to tissue
2. From cells to biology in the Cyberspace
3. From cell to new technologies
4. From cell to new regenerative and biomedical therapies
• Impressive interdisciplinary and collaborative research interactions
• Expert thesis supervision by a Thesis Advisory Committee
• State-of-the-art facilities
• Excellent training in communication skills and in technical/methodological know-how
• Challenging student-driven activities
• Exceptional support for International students (Visa, insurance, house hunting…)
PhD students at the Technical University Dresden are not required to pay any tuition fees.
Active and inviting research institutes
If you are enthusiastic, passionate about science, and have a first-class or upper second-class BSc (Hons) in life science, natural science, computer science, medicine or engineering, the DIPP is the place to be.
Make your mark in science. JOIN the DIPP.