Stand out from the Crowd - Become a Graduate Statistician
Enhance your CV, boost your employability and demonstrate your commitment to professional development in statistics by joining the Royal Statistical Society (RSS) as a Graduate Statistician (GradStat)
In today’s competitive labour market, graduates need to stand out from the crowd and membership of a professional body can have positive benefits for your employability. The GradStat award provides formal recognition of your statistical qualifications and marks the start of a professional pathway to eventual Chartered Statistician status. Membership of the RSS also provides opportunities for continuing professional development and networking.
The general requirement for GradStat is a degree (or equivalent) in statistics or a joint degree with substantial statistics content.
GradStat membership package
As well as the usual benefits received by Fellows of the RSS, Graduate Statisticians are entitled to:
• Use of the postnominal designation GradStat
• Access to a mentoring scheme, to gain help and advice on the continuing professional development needed for CStat status
• The opportunity to apply for a mid-term assessment, where we provide feedback on your progress towards CStat status
• Apply for CStat status as soon as you have 5 years of suitable professional statistical training and experience, knowing that your qualification has already been accepted
• Further discounts on Society conferences, events and courses
• Networking opportunities through meetings and online events run by the Professional Statisticians’ Forum
How do I apply?
Applications should be submitted via our dedicated application portal at www.rssprofmembership.org.uk. Full details of the eligibility criteria can be found on our website:
There is no charge for the application process.